How does one learn a new writing system? In less than 1 hour you can learn the basics of almost any writing system.
Focus on a few conditions:
- Don’t try to be perfect. You will both learn, forget and re-learn as you work on acquiring a new language.
- Focus. Spend the short time needed to do this task fully focused. No multitasking, no distractions.
- Immediately work on using it afterwards – reading/writing and working on the language.
- You learn by sets of letters and not by slow one character-at-a-time tutorials.
Use one of the Apps as an active tool. ACTIVE. Open up a lesson and review the all the character in a set. With a set of 4 or 5 letters do the following:
- Learn the names or sounds of the letters you are going to work on first.
- Memorise these sounds and names. Up to here you have not yet begun with the new characters.
- Now, associate the characters with those names and sounds.
- Write out on paper or in the app these characters. Repeatedly.
- Remember the names and sounds of each character.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for all sets of characters in an alphabet.
We’ll give an example of this below.